Values and Diversity
At SCALes Research Group, we are committed to:
- Innovation: Innovation is the basis to the creation of value for oneself and the community. We welcome and respect new ideas from the team members.
- Scientific Integrity: We require the highest level of integrity from every group member involved in research activities. We expect that everyone has a working understanding of the complex issues surrounding the responsible conduct of research. We acknowledge that plagiarism and tampering with data is never acceptable. We are committed to making data and research more open and transparent to increase reproduciblity and support the work of the broader research community.
- Diversity and Inclusion: We wholeheartedly support K-State’s Principles of Community. We acknowledge and value the diversity of cultures and scientific backgrounds. We believe that learning is an unending process, and everyone has something to contribute.
We acknowledge that in building a productive and friendly professional environment that secures success both individually and as the team, we need to cultivate the spirit of:
- Professionalism: We seek to cultivate a culture of professionalism among ourselves through collaborative learning, positive professional dialogue, and attitudes.
- Support: We value mutual support from our members and recognize that everyone contributes to their colleagues’ success.
- Respect: Respect is always expected from our group members. We promote a working environment free from discrimination and harassment as stipulated by K-State Policies and required by our own values. K-State prohibits discrimination, including discrimination based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military status, or veteran status.
- Ethics: We abide by the K-State code of ethics and our collective moral values that promote a positive research working environment.