- 2018 Gunda, T., Nelson, K., and Patel, N. Sustainable Development: It’s as easy as F-E-W. Teaching Case Study. National Socio-Environmental Synthesis Center.
- YouTube video of guest lecture on Urban Flood Adaptation for the Natural Resources and Environmental Sciences capstone class at KSU, Fall 2018.
- Example storymap and getting started tutorial for a GEOG 508 semester project.
- Check out these fantastic resources for geospatial programming, modeling, and spatial analysis in R developed by Dr. Burchfield at Emory University here.
- Geographic Information Systems I (GEOG 508). Fall 2018/2019 & Spring 2019. Cross-listed graduate and undergraduate introductory course in application of GIS to problem solving.
- Research and Professional Development in Geography (GEOG 821). Fall 2019. Master’s level introductory seminar on research methods and professionalization in Geography.
- Sustainability Concepts and Issues (GEOG 360). Spring 2019/2020, Fall 2021 in-person & Fall 2020, Spring 2021 online. Undergraduate introductory course in sustainability concepts and systems thinking.
- Seminar in Sustainability Science, Thought, and Approaches (GEOG 833). Spring 2021. Graduate seminar in sustainability science concepts, frameworks, and methods.
Additional Training and Experience
- 2017 SELECTED PARTICIPANT in National Socio-Environmental Synthesis Center (SESYNC) Short Course Teaching Socio-Environmental Synthesis with Case Studies.
- 2016 CERTIFICATE in College Teaching, [Vanderbilt Center for Teaching] (https://cft.vanderbilt.edu/), Vanderbilt University
- 2016 Assistant Instructor, Geospatial Technologies (K-12 teacher professional development), Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools
- 2006-2008 National Science Foundation Graduate Teaching Fellow in K-12 Education(part-time teacher), Environmental Science, Gateway Middle School, St. Louis Public School District